Cut yourself some slack from work today and savor the last days of Summer with a few simple pleasures. Yes, maybe school starts next week. Additionally, you probably have a big project coming up. Fall is Oh So Busy, and it’s right around the corner. BUT, the time is 👏right 👏NOW to enjoy.
Check out these 5 ways to disconnect from your workaholic ways and suck the marrow out of these lovely late-Summer days:
- Go to the park. When was the last time you did a walk in the park or a picnic? Take your dog, or take your kid and just go! Spend time people-watching — it’s free entertainment. Enjoy the great outdoors and just be leisurely for an afternoon.
- Read on the beach. 🏖 Nothing says ‘relax’ more than a good book on the beach, followed by a nap in the sunshine. ☀️If your mind is always on and you typically read non-fiction, try to switch gears with a juicy novel.
- Meditate outside. Clear your mind of all the clutter. Just sit and feel the cosmic energy and connection. It will do wonders for your creativity. If you need a guide, try the Headspace or Calm apps.
- Watch clouds. ☁️ Seriously a favorite pastime of mine. Not only are they beautiful, but doing this forces you to be in the moment. While you gaze and enjoy quiet solitude, be open to whatever thoughts come your way. Note down any good ideas!
- Pick fruit at a local farm. Go to pickyourown.org and see what’s in season near you. Whether it’s berries or apples at this time of year, get earthy and start picking! Fresh-picked, real food rocks!
No excuses ~ Enjoy these simple pleasures! The work will still be there when you get back after your awesome time off.